At Venue 35 – the Memorial Hall Meeting Room – on Tuesday 28th May 2019 at 7:30 pm
Present: Chairman Robin Boucher and 9 members:
- Yvonne Eaton, Secretary & Treasurer
- David Fill
- David Oakley
- Marion Wright
- Nev Bray
- Stephen Hallam
- Pam Worthington
- Robert Dilworth
- Sue Brown
Apologies: Adrian Mongredien
Minutes of the previous meeting were approved and signed.
- Robin had received an email from Wendy Freer confirming the funding has been granted for the Thomas Pestell film. Filming will begin shortly and should be finished by August. A showing of the film will be at the Lyric Rooms on 12th September; also a showing in Packington has been suggested. Members agreed the main hall should be booked for this, and Robin will contact Wendy Freer suggesting a Friday evening in the autumn.
- Post-meeting note: Wendy Freer has booked the hall Venue 175 for Friday 25th October at 7.30 p.m.
- The High Street walk rehearsal next Tuesday evening 4th June is to start at 7pm, and members are welcome to join Robin for this..
- Robert has placed information regarding the Packington Blind Horse , previously published in Packington Post, onto the website, together with online references to the Shire Horse Society.
- Members viewed photographs recently taken, and now on the website, of Packington properties. These are displayed under the Packington 2019 project.
- David Oakley gave a presentation of research he had carried out of 3 Packington soldiers who joined the Dragoons and fought in the Napoleonic wars. They each survived and moved back into the area, but not to Packington. There was much discussion on how to access the National Archives and other sites in this matter.
- Our next meeting is the public guided High Street walk, on Tuesday 25th June 2019 at 7pm, starting on Bridge Street across the road from the Bull and Lion.
- There are no PVHG meetings in July or August. Our next meeting will therefore be Tuesday 24th September 2019
- The meeting closed at 8.56pm.